Nagina is a town in district Bijnor which occupies the north-west corner of the Rohilkhand or Bareilly Division, and is a roughly triangular stretch of country with its apex to the north. The western boundary is formed throughout by the deep stream of the river Ganges, beyond which lie the four districts of Dehradun, Saharanpur, Muzaffarnagar and Meerut, all belonging to the meerut Division. To the north and north-east in the hill country of Garhwal, the dividing ling being the submontane road, which runs from Hardwar along the foot of the Himalayas to Ramanagar, Haldwani and Tanakpur. This road, popularly known as the Kandi Saradk, belongs throughout its length to Garhwal, the transfer having taken place a few years since. On the east the Phika river for the greater part of its course constitutes the boundary, separating this district from Naini Tal and Moradabad, as far as its junction with the Ramganga; and to the south lie the Thakurdwara, Amroha, and Hasanpur tahsils of Moradabad, the boundary being conventional and undetermined by natural features. The extreme parallels of north latitued are 29 2′ and 29 58′ and of east longitude 78 0′ and 78 57′ from Lalitpur, the most northerly point, to koti Rao in the furthest eastern corner the distance in 56 miles; and from koti Rao to Kamharia in the south-westerly angle 57 miles; and from Kamharia to Lalitpur 62 Miles. The total area of the district is liable to change slightly from time to time by reason of the erratic action of the Ganges and Ramganga: in 1906 it amounted to 1,145,272 acres of 1789-5 square miles, the average for the last five years being 1,147,967 acres.